Monday, September 14, 2009

The Tragedies of the 80's

OK.  I'm waddin' deep into snobby waters here.  I really am not trying to be snobby it's just that I feel strongly about this subject.
My friend and I have a great affinity for some 80's music.  There are a lot of good memories there and there were some good things that came from the 80's - but there are so very many bad things.
One of them was the idea that you had to paint every guitar.
I give you exhibit A:
This piece of wood was MADE to be stained and lacquered and then played.  Admittedly, it's not curly maple but it's gonna take a stain so nice and it's probably going to be more resonant too!
This guitar is gonna actually be pretty cool I think.
On the sad front I totally biffed the little area where the angle changes.  Sigh.  I might have to putty it - or maybe do a little black paint over that part.  I admit it.  I goofed up.  Do what I say not what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment